92. hrIMgarbhA

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Fri Jul 10 17:41:13 CDT 1998

92. hrIMgarbhA

hrIM is contained in HER. By hrIM, trimUrti-s, brahma, viShNu and rudra
are meant. They are in HER and they are inseparable from HER.

According the bhagavad.h  gItA 14-3,

mama yonirmahad.h brahma tasmingarbha.n dadhaamyaham.h |
saMbhavaH sarvabhuutaanaa.n tato bhavati bhaarata || 14 - 3|

The mUlaprakR^iti (mahad.h brahma) is contained in the Lord and He
deposits the seed (his intelligence) in it, which becomes the cause of the
creation of all beings.

Hence, the name means that everything is contained in HER.

AUM hrIMgarbhAyai namaH

>From  Sat Jul 11 19:16:50 1998
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 19:16:50 -0400
To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <ramakris at EROLS.COM>
Subject: Re: Maya
Comments: To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>

Vivek Anand Ganesan wrote:

>    I would be very grateful if knowledgeable list members would post
> an article about the different kinds of Maya and what they mean.

There are no "different kinds" of mAyA. There is only one mAyA, which is
postulated to explain the apparent multiplicity. vixepa and AvaraNa
(multiplicity and veiling) are the two "effects" of mAyA.

Chapter 8 of the mAnasollAsa has a good explanation. PrakashAnandas
vedAnta siddhAnta muktAvalI is also very useful. The standard treatment
is from vimuktAtmans ishhTa siddhi which I have not read. But, IMO, the
chapter 8 of mAnasollAsa is sufficient.

Rama.