|| shrI sha.nkarAchArya aShTottara-shata-nAmAvaliH ||

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Tue Jun 9 21:51:42 CDT 1998

AUM bhUrimahimne namaH

I bow to shrI shankara who has countless glories.

AUM vishvaranjakAya namaH
I bow to shrI shankara who (through his teachings) made the world happy.

AUM svaprakAshAya namaH
I bow to shrI shankara who is self luminous.

AUM sadAdhAraya namaH
I bow to shrI shankara who is the eternal support.

AUM vishvabandhave namaH

I bow to shrI shankara who is a relative (and friend ) to all. Being the
Self He is related to everyone. A true friend is one who is interested in
one's welfare. Through His teachings shrI shankara helps the devotees to
cross the might ocean of saMsara. He is indeed the best friend for
everyone.

AUM shubhodayAya namaH

I bow to shrI shankara who is the auspicious dawn to his devotees. He
dispells the darkness of ignorance through the light of his knowledge.