your mail

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Mon Jun 15 11:26:34 CDT 1998

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Shyam Harohalli wrote:

> Before entering into SanyasAshrama, paramAnanda bhArati used to be a
> professor of mathematics in I.I.T Madras.  He has  received a doctorate in
> mathematics from the then USSR.  I do not know  about his other awards,
> which may be many.   His pUrvASrama name is Dr. Shankara.   His parents
> hail from Bangalore.  I think, his father was also a great scholar and  a
> vedAnta (veDantam Subbiah) teacher.   Other family members of Dr. Shankar
> are still known for their silent philanthropic activities.

Thanks for pointing this out. I asked the question precisely for this. I
have heard about the svAmiji while I was doing M.S. at IITM. I wanted to
make sure I am not confusing him with someone else.  I will try to go to
Houston to meet him on 4th.

with respects,

Ravi

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam