What is adhikAra? (fwd)

Tue Jun 16 16:01:40 CDT 1998

Yes this is the Mimamsaka position.  The opponents argued said that Vedas
were written by humans because a certain mantra is called after
Maharshi Vasishta, another after Maharshi Agastya etc.  The answer was
these were just the first people or most famous people to know that
mantra.  It wasn't created by them anymore than Newton created gravity.