New member introduction: shrI Ramabhadran Srinivasan

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Fri Jun 19 15:37:45 CDT 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 15:03:50 -0500 (EST)
From: "Ramabhadran T. Srinivasan" <bhadran at ecn.purdue.edu>
To: "Ravisankar S. Mayavaram" <msr at isc.tamu.edu>

namaskAram Ravi

        I hail from a village called Tiruvisanallur(8 miles from kumbakonam
enroute to mayiladuthurai). My Grandfather,Periappa and Periamma still live
there. I was born in Manadavelipakkam,Madras. My father was born and brought
up in a village called tirumangalakudi(2miles from Suriyanarkoil and 8 miles
from tiruvisanallur). During my early days I was in Thanjavur, kUmbakonam,
mayavaram till my 3rd standard. Then my father shifted to madras and I have
been there since.

        I had my schooling at P.S.Sr.Sec.School, Mylapore, Madras from 4th to
12th. The upanayanam function took place when i was studying in my 8th
standard. After that I did Vedaadhyenam from my family saatrigal for 4 years.

        I did my bachelors in mechanical engineering from BITS,Pilani.
During this time, I had the oppurtunity to get involved in attending cultural
training camps in kanchipuram under the auspices of Sri Jayendra Saraswati
Swamigal and Sri Sankara Vijayendra Saraswati Swamigal of the Kamakoti
Peetam.

        I worked for a year in TVS Suzuki, Hosur as a graduate engineering
trainee at the end of which I came to the US for my education. I was in Univ
of maryland for a semester after which I transferred to Purdue. I am
currently in the Masters program in Industrial Engineering at Purdue.

        I have been exposed to the different aspects of Santana dharma
mainly due to association with people of similar interests and because of my
family who are very religious and orthodox, I hope to really learn and
appreciate AdiSankara's Works and advaita vedAntam.

        Looking forward to ur response

Ramabhadran