New member introduction: D. Allen

Ravi Mayavaram msr at REDDY20.TAMU.EDU
Mon May 4 17:41:05 CDT 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 12:25:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: "D. Allen" <dallen at wenet.net>
To: Ravi Mayavaram <msr at reddy20.tamu.edu>
Subject: Re: your mail

Hello,
  My name is D. Allen and I live in San Francisco, California.
  I am a student of Ngeton, who teaches in the lineage of Nisargadatta
Maharaj and Jean Dunn. Ngeton lives on the island of Maui in Hawaii and
comes to the San Francisco bay area for satsangs and retreats. I have come
to Advaita after many years of practice in the tradition of Zen Buddhism,
and after leaving behind me 24 years of teaching philosphy. Now, I listen
to the birds and airplanes, look at the rain and flowers--at least when I
am not working on web sites and composing emails.  hehheh
  Not having much time to keep up with discussions Lists, I am
nevertheless interested in seeing what kinds of discussions take place
here on the advaita-L.  My hope is that the discussions will be from
silence and the heart, not the conditioned brain. So, right now, what is
happening?  In love always, d.