|| shrI sha.nkarAchArya aShTottara-shata-nAmAvaliH ||

Ravi Mayavaram msr at REDDY20.TAMU.EDU
Wed May 13 09:06:51 CDT 1998

AUM ShanmatasthApanAchAryAya namaH

I bow to shrI shankara who established the six modes (religions) of
worship. These are

1) shaivam      Worship of Lord Shiva
2) shAktam      Worship of parAshaktI
3) vaiShnavam   Worship of shrIman nArAyaNa
4) gAnapatyam   Worship of mahAganapati
5) sauram       Worship of Surya
6) kaumAram     Worship of kumara or Lord Muruga

AUM trayImArgaprakAshakAya namaH

I bow to shrI shankara who made of the path of followers of vedas easy
by shedding light on its meanings. Vedas are known by the term "trayI"

--
NOTE: Please feel free to correct my mistakes and also to write your
interpretations, which will enable to understand all the names better.

I know very very little sanskrit (I can as well say I dont know at
all), and what I write is based on my little understanding. Keep this
in mind and correct my errors. At this point I should acknowledge the
help of my wife Saraswathy, who knows sanskrit. If something is
correct here, the credit goes to her and of course, I assume the
responsibility for all the mistakes.

Ravi

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam