New member introduction: shrI Shyam Harohalli

Ravi Mayavaram msr at REDDY20.TAMU.EDU
Thu May 21 16:47:46 CDT 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 17:10:59 -0400
From: Shyam Harohalli <shyamh at landmark.com>
To: Ravi Mayavaram <msr at reddy20.tamu.edu>
Cc: shyamh at landmark.com
Subject: Re: ADVAITA-L: shyamh at LANDMARK.COM requested to join

Namaste!
Thanks very much for admiiting me into the list.    I was introduced to
this list while attending Geetha Classes conducted by Chinmaya Mission's
Washington Regional Center.  I am curretnly being taught by eminent
scholars like Sadananda and Ramachandran in these classes.   I enjoy
reading the scholarly postings in this list and as such I will be more of a
reader.

About my interest in Advaita: I have only known about AdiShankara's works,
not studied them.  My father used to be a voracious reader, and a
practical-vedantin - (his favourite expression was 'bili batte sanyasi-
sanyasi in plain clothes').  While teaching sanskrit, he used to teach me
meanings of  BhajaGovindam, and some other slokas of Adi Shankara.  There
ended my knowledge of vedanta.   Currently, I am reading
'JeevanaDharmaYoga' - discussions on BhagawadGeetha by Dr. DVG, and english
translation of AdiShankara's Bhashya on Vishnu Shasranama.  I look forward
to learn more (and adapt) from the articles being posted in the list.

Namaste,

ShyamaSundar.

        Shyam Harohalli
        Landmark Systems Corp.