Gayatri Mantra and adhikara

Nanda Chandran Nanda.Chandran at NBC.COM
Wed May 27 12:55:26 CDT 1998

Karthik writes :

>Which implies that not just anyone, but only one who is or has been a
>Dvija in a previous life can acquire GYAna.

And how could anybody prove that? I suppose you'd also make the claim
the Jesus was actually a Brahmana in his previous birth and hence his
enlightment!

The Yoga Vashista states that the words of a child, if it is based on
reason, should be given it's due consideration, but the words of even
the Brahma should be discarded like a useless piece of hay, if it isn't!

        Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
        the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.