AmnAya stotram.h - 9

Ravisankar Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Wed Nov 18 09:21:01 CST 1998

Further details about the  govardhana maTha

kShetraM cha vR^Shala devI sarva lokeShu vishrutA |
prakAsha brahmachAriti hastAmalaka saMj~nitaH || 9||

The kShetram where the maTha is located (pUri) and the shaktI
(vR^ishala devI*) are well known in all the worlds.  shrI
hastAmalaka, the first Acharya of the mATha, is known as the
prakAsha brahmachAri**.

--

* I think vR^ishala devI means shrI subhadra. The yadava dynasty
in which shrI kR^iShNa was brought up is known as vArShnI dynasty

** I will appreciate if some one can throw more light on the
"brahmachAri" references in the text. In the context of
dvArakA-shArada maTha we encountered the term svarUpa
brahmachAri. Here it is more clear in referring shrI hastAmalaka
as prAkasha brahmachAri

Ravi

AUM namo bhagavate vAsudevAya