SaktAdvaita

Srivats Srinivasan srivats at ECE.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Oct 19 23:00:12 CDT 1998

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Anand Hudli wrote:

>   While we're on this subject, does Austin have a traditional
>   temple now? I visited Austin a few times during 1993-1996.
>   The University library has a truly spectacular collection of
>   books on all aspects of Indian philosophy and religion, and
>   Sanskrit literature. I remember San Antonio, which isn't too far,
>   had a nice temple with a couple of learned archakas. Are they still
>   with the temple? I think they can teach portions of the Vedas.
>
>  Anand

  Austin doesn't have a traditional temple yet. It has an ashram about 30
mins. drive from downtown. As for the University library, yes there are a
lot of books on Indian philosophy on almost all Indian languages. San Antonio
temple is a very nice temple. The archakas are well versed in vedas,
though I cannot say if you and I are talking of the same archakas.

srivatsan