New member introduction: shrI S. Suryanarayan

Ravi msr at COMCO.COM
Thu Apr 29 13:17:19 CDT 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 23:11:57 +0530 (IST)
From: S. Suryanarayan <suri at aero.iitb.ernet.in>
To: Ravishankar Mayavaram <msr at isc.tamu.edu>
Cc: suri <suri at cc.iitb.ernet.in>

Dear Sri Ravishankar,

**  Thank you for your mail.

**  The main reason for my joining the advaita-list is to keep
my mind engaged in reading "matters spiritual" when it hankers
for intellectual entertainment. There was a time when I used
to read books on vedanta, mainly in English. For the last few
years, since 1994, I have been spending my spare time mainly
reading and rereading the words of Bhagwan Sri Ramana Maharshi
both in Tamil and samskrit. It appears to me now that "Bhakti"
is an essential ingredient for the spiritual evolution of the
mind, along with Vichara.

**  I feel that the ground rules you have indicated for the
discussion  group is fair.

**  I am not currently very much inclined to be involved in
extensive analyses or debates. However, I may at times be
able to share some brief thoughts or perceptions mainly as
understood from the words of Bhagwan Sri Ramana Maharshi.

**  I teach and do research in aerospace engineering for
a living.

This introduction, I hope would be adequate to meet your
requirements.

Yours sincerely,

s. suryanarayan
S. Suryanarayan                         email: suri at aero.iitb.ernet.in
Professor                               Tel: 91 - 22 - 578 2545, 578 3558
Department of Aerospace Engineering     Tel. extns.: 7135, 7101
Indian Institute of Technology- Bombay  Dir.Inwd. Dial: 576 + extn. number
Powai, Mumbai 400 076 INDIA             Fax: 91 - 22 - 578 2602