Maya

Vivekananda Centre vivekananda at BTINTERNET.COM
Sun Feb 28 13:47:00 CST 1999

Namaste and pranams

Thanks for the input from Sri Raghavendrji to be the first to point out that
the
snake in the rope is an analogy and Sri Rama to continue on that theme.

This is the fourth time I have been asked to read this book or that. It is
very kind of the members to try and be so helpful.

Now we seem to have established that 'snake in the rope' is an analogy to
drive home a point. Very good.  If we are dealing with analogies then we
have to assume that they have limitations. So the next question we have to
think about is ' Can there be  better analogies?' If so what are they? Can
any member help? May be some of the books recommended have such better
examples? We await to learn from these books.

pranams
jay
Vivekananda Centre London