Advaita Vs Sankhya

Ganesh Deivashikamani ganesh_d at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 20 11:02:23 CDT 1999

Dear Advaitains

Can anyone please list out the difference between Advaita and Sankhya
philosophy or rather how different is Sankhya philosophy from Advaita.
>From what I understand is Sankhya was propounded by Kapila.
And is philosophy of analytical study, maintains that the material nature is
the cause of the cosmic manifestation is this true ?.
Some say Gita also is part of Sankhya philosophy is this true ?
I am Sorry if this is out of context of the list.

thanks
Ganesh Deivasikhamani