shrI lalitAtrishatI bhAShyam.h: 1

Vaidya Sundaram Vaidya_Sundaram at I2.COM
Wed Jun 2 11:11:10 CDT 1999

namaskAram.

 I have heard Sri anantarAma dIkshidhar splitting aparNa as apagatham + rNAm =>
one who alleviates all the debts of the devotees. The debts have in general been
equated with the three kinds of debts a human is born with (deva rNam, rishi
rNam and pitru rNam); this means that one who prays to Her is absolved of all
mundane debts as well and hence the devotee attains to Her without further
encumbrances due to karmic action.

aum aparNAyai namaH

Vaidya.

--
Sankar Khrish <kssubramanian at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>From what I remember of Kanchi Periyavaa's discourse, (there is this
six volume collection of His Highness' discourse in Tamil by Mr. R
Ganapathy, a must have work) aparNa means a leafless climber.  I think
the word is split as a + parNa, meaning without leaves.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Sankar.