Aparna - again!

Dr. S.R.Marur smarur at EASI.SOFT.NET
Mon Jun 7 00:29:39 CDT 1999

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Ravi <miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

[...]

>My interpretation, that She did not eat on leaves, but ate what Her
>hand alone can hold, comes from the folklore I learnt when I was a
>child.

* One has to be cautious while taking any source other than
authentic scriptures as the basis of interpretation.

>I dont think you can challenge that meaning with the split a+
>parNa meaning "leafless".

* The important thing here is to address the alternate interpretation
(whether given by this spilt or by any other one) rather than
considering such alternatives as possible 'challenge' to the given
meaning. Moreover, all the meanings are compiled from available
printed sources and not generated originally to be 'challenged'!

>When this is the case, I do not see a big need to use * and ^
>embellish your statement

* This *IS* purely an author's prerogative and let it remain so!

>which was already pointed out by Raghavendra.

* The reply was sent much before the next digest containing
a similar answer was opened. There is nothing wrong, even if
it is repeated.

Regards,

Sudhakar