Maya

Mon Mar 1 22:02:59 CST 1999

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Vivekananda Centre wrote:

> Now we seem to have established that 'snake in the rope' is an analogy to
> drive home a point.

No it's an analogy to illustrate a principle.

> Very good.  If we are dealing with analogies then we
> have to assume that they have limitations.

Why?

>  So the next question we have to
> think about is ' Can there be  better analogies?'

A better analogy to what?  The example illustrates the principle of
adhyasa--the superimposition of a false cognition upon a real one.  What
about this don't you understand?  It might help if you concisely and
precisely explained what you are trying to get at.