kramamukti, brahmaloka, etc

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian ramakris at EROLS.COM
Sat Oct 2 11:20:53 CDT 1999

I wrote:

> NOT return to the cycle of births and deaths. We may call this
> kramamukti if we like, I haven't noticed this term being used by
Sh.,
> although I could be mistaken.

I just checked up my word index to the brahmasUtrabhAshhya and Sri
Sha.nkara does use the word kramamukti and variants of it as follows:

kramamukti - 3.2.21 (712.10), 4.3.10 (997.10)
kramamuktiphala - 3.3.1 (735.3)
kramauktyAbhiprAya - 1.3.13 (289.10)
kramamuktyartha - 1.1.12 (176.18)

The numbers above denoted a.b.c (x.y) mean:

a.b.c: number of the brahma sUtra, a.b.c = adhyAya.pAda.sUtra
x.y: x = page number in the Vani Vilas edition and y = line number in
page x.

Hope this is of some use. Sorry for the poor formatting in my last
mail.

Rama

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam