Discussions on Advaita-L was (Re: New Member Introduction: Anand Hari Ghalsasi)

Devendra Vyas dev_vyas74 at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 26 13:48:11 CDT 1999

dear ashish,
             of course i agree with you that 1. will in due graduate to 2.
i.e., genuine advaita.i too have agreed that debates are not futile,but,it
is for us list members to introspect and answer the question:are we having
the debates and discussions that we should as followers of advaita,of
jnana,or are we getting trapped in discussions
that are in the preview of karma-kanda and the like or at least not in
keeping with the abstract,lofty philosophy of advaita.?if the answer to this
question is that there is no harm in discussing karma-kanda and the
like,then fine,but then i feel we should drop the name :
advaita mailing list and take up the name:
"general purpose timepass mailing list".i only wish that we discuss issues
of the loftiest knowledge,the sublime and not get stuck up in matters of
mere texttorturing and intellectual gymnastics but rather have stimulating
discussions and emails which provide food for thought and not junk for trash
can of the email program,rgds-devendra.