New Member Introduction: Anand Hari Ghalsasi

Devendra Vyas dev_vyas74 at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 27 23:08:49 CDT 1999

dear nanda,
             i assume that you have read all my previous messages on this
topic. i have clarified that i only proposed that we should have
discussions/interpretations of the ancient wisdom in the current context,but
unfortunately vaidya has shot down my suggestion ,so now i
am keeping quite.i entirely agree with all that you have to say.
but still,i fail to undestand if we don't have contemporary
debates/discussions/interpretaions then what is the point?might as well just
keep an automated mailer program which will deliver daily mouthings from the
scriptures for mass consumption.
to my mind, even the ancients have commanded us to apply the foll tests to
truth:
sruti/yukti/anubhuti and also to satisfy ourselves fully after applying our
minds.if krishna had followed tradition "blindly" he would not have done
what he did.after all vedanta does not say that we have to become dull,fools
and lifeless caricatures,it was ever open to interpretation and dynamic
evaluation that has been the cheif strengths of vedanta.else it too would
have become like a hopeless bystander like the rc church.sincerely-devendra.