parting message by devendra.vyas.

Devendra Vyas dev_vyas74 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 28 11:24:16 CDT 1999

dear ravi,
          thanks a ton,i am leaving .i would rather join the bhagavan sri
ramakrishna paramhansa deva list suggested by you.before leaving i would
like to say the foll. things:
i am sure many earnest seekers like myself get attracted to this list given
the very fair name that advaita has in the entire world.many are even
non-indians.they send the mandatory introductions and then they become
queit.indeed the active members are the familiar ones and one never gets to
hear anything further from most of the new members .one of the foll. reasons
has to be true:
1.they are busy,don't have anything to say.
2.they find that the list is too "advanced" for them.
3.they find(or feel) that the contents and level of discussion in the list
is quite far away and contrary to the  tough,indeed very abstract portions
of lord sankara's commentary's and works and that the list members are
engaged in their own "ego trip" and are discussing the easier,trifle parts.
one of the above is true,if i have got the facts right.well,it's your list;
discuss whatever you want to.but i think some introspection will
do much improvement.i don't write as your well wisher i write as a humble
follower of the fairest flower of religion/philosophy -advaita,that advaita
which moved/ melted the hearts of max muller,schopenhaeur (who incidentally
never kept a "shika").dear vaidya,if no interpretation/fresh
evaluation/research is called for ,pray,why is the website titled:"advaita
vedanta shamshodhan kendra"?i repeat ,dear self styled guardians of
advaita:please introspect and stop spoiling the fair name of advaita,if you
can't; then rename the list:"general purpose timepass mailing list".
                                with all best wishes,god bless-
                                                       devendra.
note:i am removing myself from the list ,replies,if any may be sent
to:nvyas at vsnl.com