Bhakti

T Swaminarayan tvswaminarayan at YAHOO.COM
Sun Apr 2 01:43:19 CST 2000

--- Ivano Alessandro Elia <eliavit at UNINA.IT> wrote:
> Namaste
>
> Until now my research for the jnana as been very
> chaotic: I had several moments of  dejection because
> I was never sure of  my
> understandings about what I had to do. I just jumped
> from an idea to another keeping me in a merely
> intellectual point of view.
> While I was reading the commentary of the
> bhagavad-gItA by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta
> Swami Prabhupada, as I mentioned in
> my first posting, I tried to experienced the bhakti
> by chanting the mantra HARE KRISHNA  HARE KRISHNA
> KRISHNA KRISHNA  HARE HARE /
> HARE RAMA  HARE RAMA  RAMA RAMA  HARE HARE. It was
> surely an improvement to me but I'm not totally
> happy about it.
> Later I abandoned that commentary because it was
> more religious than philosophical.
>
> Now I'm quite sure that my first step should be the
> bhaktiyoga; So I'd be very grateful to you if you
> would advice me about the
> deity for my devotion (I'm slightly oriented towards
> Siva) and the way to worship it.
>

> Thanks and Regards
> Ivano

Bhakti Marga is the same whether it is Bhati for Lord
Krishna, Lord Rama or Lord Shiva. It is the intensity
of your Bhakti for the LORD of your choice that counts
in the upliftment of your spiritual understanding. In
case you wish to follow the gyana marga in preferance
to the bhakti marga  you may  start investigating
about  YOURSELF for SELF KNOWLEDGE.A good starting
point could be the Mandukya Upanishad which is the
smallest of all Upanishads and contains only twelve
Mantras or Slokas.I am sure you can get hold of a
publication on this very important Upanishad which has
the very essence of VEDANTA in it.There is always
however a great mental satisfacation and peace of mind
that can and will be derived by Bhakti or Devotion to
the Lord of your choice.Never waver in your choice
after you have made your decision on the same.

Hari Om !

Swaminarayan

http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l.html