Advaita and Christianity

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian ramakris at EROLS.COM
Tue Apr 4 19:50:41 CDT 2000

<Vaidya_Sundaram at I2.COM> wrote:

> >When one seeks the Self exclusively, the Vedas MUST be renounced.
>
> The question is renounce the vedas *when*?

The vedas are not renounced anytime. To the person of realization the
vedas become no vedas. Not for others. The upanishhads are quite clear
about this. viGYAna is through vedAnta alone. If Apastamba *really*
meant otherwise (I don't think so), that cannot be accepted. appayya
dIxita refutes Apastambas contention that the householder state is
superior to the sannyAsAshrama explicitly.

Rama

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org