E-documents Project

Ravisankar Mayavaram miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Wed Apr 19 15:24:13 CDT 2000

In ambaa-L recently there is an attempt to get
all the works of shrii shankara on ambaaL into
e-format. You can read the archives of this list
at:

http://www.geocities.com/kaamaakshi

(compiled and edited by Swami Vishvarupananda)

and

http://www.egroups.com/group/ambaa-l/
----

May be we should also take up a similar project
on a broader level to bring all the shankara's
works into electronic format  using ITRANS
scheme.

I request someone to coordinate and guide this
effort here. It is a massive task.  But can be
accomplished by a group of volunteers over a
period of time. (I cannot take up this because I
have booked all my free time for other projects).

Following items are to be done.

1) Find a volunteer to coordinate and guide the
effort.

2) The coordinator can then find a list of
volunteers.

3) Identify what is already available and what
needs to be done.

4) Compile what is already posted on advaita-L.

5) Type in the works and  send a copy to jaguar
site.

There are 125+ members in this list. Even if 15
members come forward we can accomplish something.
The key is find the person who can coordinate the
efforts.

Thank you.

Ravi
namaH shivaayai cha namaH shivaaya