anvaya & vyatireka

miinaaxii tanaya miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 9 17:20:26 CDT 2000

--- "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:

> The verse after this explains that in he sushupti or deep sleep state
> there is not even a subtle body.  So is it Samadhi?  No because even
> then
> there is a return to either dreaming or waking states.  Once again
> the
> atma is the cause and that state is the effect.  There must be
> something

This is not directly related to this thread.  Long ago it was pointed
out in this list (I dont remember by whom) that

"Problem with deep sleep state is not that of mis-apprehension, but of
non-apprehension"

I found this definition very precise.

--
Ravi
parandhaama ruupaam bhaje paaNDya baalam