New member introduction: Sanjay Srivastava

Vaidya Sundaram Vaidya_Sundaram at I2.COM
Thu Aug 24 18:16:37 CDT 2000

----- Forwarded by Vaidya Sundaram on 08/24/00 06:18 PM -----

                    "Sanjay
                    Srivastava"               Re: Welcome and Request for More Info
                    <sksrivastava68 at ho
                    tmail.com>

                    08/23/00 04:11 AM

Namaskar
My interst in Vedanta is about two years old.In the early childhood I was
attracted toward Bhakti tradition and practiced japa. Then I got interested
in various orthodox and other Indian philosophies mainly as an academic
exercise. However, in my teens I concluded that they are all futile and
mere
intellectual games. My interest in the matter revived about 6 years back
when I chanced upon writings of Krishnamurthy. I was so much fascinated
with
him that I do not remember how many of his books I went through. By this
time I was thirsting for something more as K never tells what to do. I went
for Vipassana course at Igatpuri and dabbled with Buddhist practices. This
also did not continue for long. Throughout this time I enjoyed reading
Osho.
At about the same time I discovered Raman Maharishi by chance. On practical
side I enrolled in "Art of living" ( By Sri Sri Ravi Shanker ) and was an
active member for about two years. Then I got disillusioned and came to Sri
Ramesh S. Balsekar via writings of Sri Nisargdatta Maharaj. His teaching
appealed me very much but my search did not end. I read Swami Dayanand's "
An Introduction to Vedanta" and got hooked to it.I decided that I wanted to
study Vedanta in a systemmatic manner. Presently I am studying Vedanta part
time under guidance of a teacher trained by swamiji.

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.