aadi and anaadi

Ravi msr at COMCO.COM
Wed Feb 9 07:40:16 CST 2000

I used the bounce command to forward the mail hoping it will show
the original header. But it did not. So I am resending it with
the header intact.

I am sorry for this.

Ravi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 13:50:03 +0530
From: elmec <elmec at giasbg01.vsnl.net.in>
To: Ravi <msr at comco.com>
Cc: ADVAITA-L at advaita-vedanta.org
Subject: Re: aadi and anaadi

For a Bhaktha who thinks that Ishwara, Jeeva and Jagat are three
different entities, the Lord says that He was the Aadi purusha
Naaraayana who was all alone in the beginning and when He fancied this
creation, He created the Hiranya garbha Brahma who inturn created this
trigunaatmaka Jagat and the jeevas and Himself entered all the beings
giving them chetana. Thus he is the Aadi.

As the Bhaktha performs all the karmas offering it to the Lord without
desiring any fruit thereof, thinking that everything belongs to Him and
He is the doer and the Bhaktha is only an instrument in His hands, he
progresses spiritually, achieves Sattva Shudhdhi and becomes eligible to
attain Jnaana, and then the Lord Himself shines in his antahkarana, and
the Bhaktha realises the Truth that the Ishwara-Jeeva and the Jagat are
a single entity Brahman ( the Nirguna, Niraakaara ) and all that appears
to his senses are but the magical manifestation of this Brahman ! This
is when the Aadi becomes Anaadi.

Regards,
Hari Om,
Latha Vidyaranya