pratyagaatman

Mon Feb 14 15:00:40 CST 2000

> --- Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <ramakris at erols.com> wrote:

> > pratyagAtman usually means the "inner" Atman or the Witness (sAxin) in
> > sha.nkaras writings. AFAIK, it is never used in the sense of deluded
> > jIva. I am somewhat busy now. I can check up the sUtrabhAshhya and let
> > you know some exact references later.

Ok thanks for the correction.  Convntionally pratyak means "prior" or
"each" in Sanskrit and because Bhagawan in that shloka is explaining how
He pervades all beings I thought and prior to that He has described his
universal form, it is the limited form which is being described here.  But
from the sutrabhashya it becomes much clearer.

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.