Proposal to start posting Bhagavat Gita Bhashya

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian ramakris at EROLS.COM
Sat Feb 26 08:27:03 CST 2000

Ashish Chandra <ramkisno at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

> I have been reading a little of Acharya's Bhagawat Gita Bhashya,
translation
> by Shri A.G. Krishnan Warrier. While I have understood some of the
portions,
> I have had difficulty in understanding most of them, especially the
sections
> dealing with Jnana (haven't gone past Chapter 4). If the members
here wish,
> I would like to start posting the BGB. Transliteration might be a
problem
> but I will try my best. I will wait for the members' views on this.

I am not sure if you are going to post only the bhAshhya or the
translation by Sri Warrier also. Please do not post the latter. I find
a disturbing trend of people copying whole sections from books without
getting permission. Quoting small parts with attribution is one thing
and posting entire articles (even with attribution) is something else.
While it is highly unlikely that the R.K.Mutt people or anyone else
would start litigation on such violations of copyrights, let's try to
adhere to the law. Please do post the sha.nkara bhAshhya with your
translation. Or if using someone else's translation please get the
permission.

My intention is not to offend anyone, I hope that's clear!

Rama

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org