Forwarded message from Marko Manninen

Sun Jul 9 01:31:45 CDT 2000

Sorry for the delay in responding.  The last to weeks have been very busy
for me.

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Marko Manninen wrote:

> Thank you very much for the examining. I'd like to cite one more book where
> this manvantara and root race "system" is published first as i know, but on
> fortcoming letter. Is that ok?

Go ahead.

> I ment with last question that why possible jivanmuktas has different kind
> of teaching methods (doctrines) and spiritual"powers", siddhis if all
> jivanmuktas are supposed to be "enlightened" from the _same_ source? Or are
> there specific degrees of jivanmukta?

No there is only one kind of enlightenment.  However karma is like
motion.  If you are driving a car really fast and you suddenly hit the
brakes, it still continues moving for a bit because of its momentum.  In
the same way a Jnani has transcended the world of karma but the
consequences of his past actions will have some effect until they are used
up.  Hence the apparent diversity.

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.