Kathopanishad

S. V. Subrahmanian svs_shankara at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 6 12:38:59 CDT 2000

Looking at the contents below, it is interesting to note that a verse with a
similar refrain is also found in the TaitirEya upnishad:

bhEshAsmAd vata pavate bhEshodeti suryaha
bhEshAsmAd agnisca indrasca mruthyur dhavati panchama iti ||

Can anyone tell as to why the Rishis have chosen these five in both places
to explalin the same theme.  Is there anything significant about the choice
of these 5 things (vAyu, surya, agni, indra and mruthyu) ?