from kaamaaxii suprabhaatam.h

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at COMCO.COM
Sun Jun 25 15:56:31 CDT 2000

maatarniriixa vadanaM bhagavaantvadiiyaM
  naivotthitashshashidhiyaa shayitastavaaN^ke |
saMbodhayaashu girije vimalaM prabhaataM
 jaataM maheshadayite kuru suprabhaatam.h || 7 ||

This verse from the suprabhaatam uses a very poetic description of
ambaaL's beauty. bhagavan shiva is sleeping on HER lap. Still in a
sleepy mood HE once in a while opens HIS eyes half-heartedly. While
doing so HE looks at the beautiful face of ambaaL and mistakes it for
puurNa chandran, and thinks ha, the moon is still bright and the sun
has not come yet. So let me sleep for some more time. Beautiful isn't
it. The poet then urges ambaaL to wake up the Lord and make the morning
good for the universe.

Sundar Hattangadi posted this work on ambaa-L and it can be
retrieved from the archives. This work is by shrii laxmikaanta
sharma, who wrote this under the direction of shrii shrii
chandrasekharendra sarasvatii. Similarly swamigaL directed shrii
Raghavan to write shrii miinaaxii suprabhaatam (and also
raameshvara suprabhaatam). I think all of these are available in
audio form sung by the great M.S. Subbulakshmi.

If any you have the text of miinaxii suprabhaatam please let me
know. Otherwise, I may have transcribe it from the audio tape.

Ravi

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org