Antiquity of Advaita Vedanta

Sankaran Panchapagesan panchap at ICSL.UCLA.EDU
Mon Jun 26 23:21:24 CDT 2000

Hi.
  It might very well be (as Nagarjuna and Chandrakirti say) that the
Buddha taught the existence of the self to some and the non-existence of
the self to others.
        My only point was that you cannot give that particular Dharmapada
verse in support of the theory that the Buddha taught the existence of the
self. I remember reading that from T.R.V.Murti's book, that's all.

Regards,
Ganesh.

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam