Antiquity of Advaita Vedanta

S. V. Subrahmanian svs_shankara at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 27 09:43:34 CDT 2000

Please do Shri Daveji.  I would love to read your work/views.  Also, in one
of your mails you made a reference to western authors misinterpreting the
word "deva" as gods.  It would be refreshing to read the scriptures in the
light of "BhAratIya" tradition (in its expansive meaning).

As you write along, could you also mention (even it be as a post
script/footnote) how some of the concepts might have been misunderstood, due
to thinkers who didn't think in the Vedic way (non-Vedic-way to be read as
partial to no understanding).

I am asking this only because, each one in the list (atleast beginners like
me) will be reading other books too.  It would be nice to be able to
identify the author's intention/background and whether his thought-process
was in conformity with the Vedic-way or not.

This is only a request.