Reason, Faith & Experience.

S. V. Subrahmanian svs_shankara at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 28 13:14:54 CDT 2000

So a discussion can be fruitful only if both the parties concerned had
similar assumptions.  If not, there will only be quarrels and can never be a
conclusion.  So should we say authors should explicitly make their
assumptions clear (where it may not be evident) when presenting an argument.
  It will help others understand where he is coming from and decide whether
to argue on a point or not.  I guess, that will reduce a lot of heat and
generate more light -:)

Ok.  That works for me.

I would still like to ask/present a few points pursuant to your mail.  Sneak
preview:

1.  I am unconvinced about the myopic definition of what is Shruti and what
is not.

2.  The role of faith and reason and attitude to approaching a Guru.

3.  Experience versus handed down knowledge (this is Shri Jaldharji special
-:) ).