RFD on advaita-siddhi 12

Savithri Devaraj sdevaraj at EXPLORER.CSC.COM
Wed Mar 1 07:39:36 CST 2000

Jaldhar,

Thanks for writing for all of us.  Good perspective, I think you have covered
almost all the categories.

There is only so much time in a day, my work deadlines and my kids'
responsibilities are quite over whelming to me. So, sometimes my complaint to
God is - why this interest when I cannot do justice to it?  Believe me, I read
all the posts and enjoy and learn from 90% of them.

It does take quite a bit of effort to contribute sensibly to the list.  I
sincerely appreciate all you contributors who, with similar deadlines, still
take the time and pain to contribute regularly.

There is an instance in "Day by day with Bhagavan" when a lady like me
complains to Maharshi - I am a mother with responsibilities,  I don't
understand the GYAna marga, I am not literate and cannot study scriptures
etc., please suggest what I should do. Bhagavan advices her that the best
thing she could do is to say I, I a few times during the day in the middle of
her chores. He says reading scriptures, analysis, prayers are all good, but
not necessary, to know that you are God and try to stay in it is quite
effective.These words from Bhagavan are a great solace to me, and I think
about them often.

Thanks,
Savithri

--