Spiritual Practice

Savithri Devaraj sdevaraj at csc.com
Fri Mar 3 19:29:02 CST 2000

Ravisankar Mayavaram wrote:

> Keep a small note book and whenever you get free time write bhagavannaama.
> Like "Raama Raama", or "namaH shivaaya", or gayaatrii  or the name of your
> ishhTa devata. You can do it while work also. Even writing once in a hour
> is a good reminder.

Sri Bharati Teertha Swamiji suggested the same when we visited Sringeri last
time.

> One can always choose to listen to devotional works on Audio. Recently one
> my friends sent a tape with upanyaasam on bhaagavatam, it was so
> inspiring. If you have the luxury to keep a walkman or tape recorder at
> office, it can help you during the day.

For people who work on computers, you can plug in a CD and use ear phones too.

Or better yet, you can download music files from Ammachi site or from
Arunachala Ashrama on the web. With Real player and a set of ear phones you
can listen all day. It is great relaxation too!.

> One can keep the pictures of one's guru or ishhTa devata even in the
> workplace. You will be looking at them almost regularly to remind of your
> ultimate goal.
>
> There are many many ways to keep one's mind focussed on God despite the
> busy schedule. They are too many to list them all here.

Sivaratri is tommorrow - the most auspicious night of the year. I am glad it
is again on the weekend.  Hope to spend the night in the local Siva VishNu
temple, with all night of Rudra - Chamaka and Lalitha SahasranAma.

Aum namah sivAya,

Savithri

--------------322686F387AF8553947F09D0--

--