Antiquity of Advaita Vedanta (was Re: An Open Letter to All)

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian ramakris at EROLS.COM
Mon May 15 19:45:53 CDT 2000

Sankaran Panchapagesan <panchap at ICSL.UCLA.EDU> wrote:

>   A general comment -
>         The other natural interpretation is that the Buddha did not
have
> the Advaitic realization and whatever "reality" he experienced was
not
> what Shankaracharya experienced.

Bingo! Absolutely correct. Wishful thinking that the Buddha and
sha.nkara experienced the same thing is just that: wishful thinking.
It has no philosophical basis, we need not lose much sleep over such
arguments.

Rama

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam