AdhyAtmic significance of NavarAtrI

Surjit Dixit surjit at LCTN.U-NANCY.FR
Fri Sep 29 16:38:30 CDT 2000

Namaskars everybody,
First of all I wish to thank Smt. Lathaji for the nice narration of
clips from Srimadbhaagavatam.

While Smt. Lathaji's message says the three godesses Durga, Lakshmi
and Saraswati are to be prayed in that order during Navaratri, the
mail yesterday from Shri Narayanaswami Pallasena (Sub: devi NAVARATHRI
Keerthanams of Svati Tirunal (fwd)) says the prayers are to be offered
in
the order of Saraswati, Lakshmi and Durga. His article on Navaratri
celebration
in Trivandrum and the work of Swati Tirunaal is also beautiful. Going
back
in my memory if i remember right, we used to perform Saraswati puja (as
a kid
for all out books and notes :-), on the 7th day of Navaratri (and read
them on
Vijaydashami), which seems to match what Smt Lathaji has to say.

I don't wish to raise any controversy but am just curious to get the
right
information, I would appreciate if somebody could kindly sort it out. I
once
again thank you all for making this list such a wonderful place, I thank
my
stars for having been lucky to find it in the jungle of Web :-)
Best regards,
Surjit

Surjit B. Dixit, Ph.D.                    Email: surjit at lctn.u-nancy.fr
Laboratoire de Chimie Théorique, U.M.R. C.N.R.S. #7565, B.P. 239
Université Henry Poincaré-Nancy I, 54506 Vandoeuvre-lès-Nancy, France
Phone: 33-3-83.91.20.00 Extn:3588         Fax: 33-3-83.91.25.30

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.