Reposting: Question on Incarnations

Chandrashekaran Venkataraman VCHANDRA at AMBERNETWORKS.COM
Mon Aug 6 15:04:35 CDT 2001

Dear Members,
   Can someone please respond to my earlier question? I basically would
like to understand how advaita explains the various incarnations of Lord
Vishnu.
Also from the viewpoint of the Gita verse "parithrANAya sAdhUnAm"..
Unfortunately
I don't possess Sri Sankara's Gita Bhashya. JnAnESwari's commentary is
somewhat elusive here. JnAnESwari explains the verse in dualistic
terms and finally puts a statement saying "This can be understood only
by samyag yOgins". If this is the case how are the common men like me
to understand it...

  Please respond.

  Thanks in advance.
  chandrasekaran.