Reposting: Question on Incarnations (fwd)

Sankaran Kartik Jayanarayanan kartik at ECE.UTEXAS.EDU
Tue Aug 21 14:13:02 CDT 2001

This is the third time I'm reposting this, hopefully it should make it
this time!

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Chandrashekaran Venkataraman wrote:

[..]

> Please point to me some verses in Gita where Krishna gives hints to
> advaita thoughts that He is same as Arjuna.

Easy. There's GItA 10.20.

Here's what Ramana Maharshi has to say on this subject:

---------------
"I, O Arjuna! am the Self, seated in the heart of all beings;..." Bhagavad
Gita, X-20. The stanza shows that the Lord is the Atma (Self) of all
beings. Does it say, "the Self of the selves"? If, on the other hand, you
merge in the Self there will be no individuality left. You will become the
source itself. In that case what is surrender? Who is to surrender what
and to whom? This constitutes devotion, wisdom, and investigation.

Check out http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~alfar/ramana.htm

[..]

>   Thanks,
>   chandrasekaran.