Lord Krishna and Yadavs, again

ravi chandrasekhara vadhula at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 24 13:26:32 CST 2001

Dear List members,

I thought some Yadavas survived, such as some elders
and little children and wives.  I recall my father
reading an exact Kannada translation of Mahabharata
stating this along with attack by the Abhiras. Arjuna
lead the surviving Yadavas back to Mathura and
installed one of Shri Krishna's grandson on the throne
in Mathura (I cannot recall his name) but along the
way, in Rajasthan or Haryana, they were attacked by
the Abhiras.

By the way Bhatti Rajputs of Rajasthan and the Wodeyar
dynasty in Mysore are Yadavas and are Kshatriyas who
do undergo upanayana.

Shivaji from his paternal side is a Suryavamshi
Kshatriya, from the Sisodiya clan of Rajputs from
Udaipur who trace their descent from Kush, son of
Bhagawan Shri Ramachandra.

Ravi Chandrasekhara MD

http://www.braincells.com/shailaja/