Samdhya Meditation and Agnihotra

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Nov 1 14:56:10 CST 2001

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:29:46 -0800, Vivek Anand Ganesan
<v_ganesan at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>Hello all:
>
>  My question pertains to the latter part of this thread
>- agnihotra.  Are there any nitya agnihotris left in India?
>Also, aren't there vidhis that say that one is to "keep"
>the fires at all times?  How does one do that in an
>apartment in Madras or Manhattan?  Are there list members
>who follow this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Vivek.

Namsate:

Some information related to this topic, might be inerest to some
list members.

Shri Sai Baba of Shirdi, had lit up a fire that he kept burning
throughout his life. This fire is continously burning even today.
It is called "Dhuni", and the ash that it produces is the celebrated
"udi". Sai Baba is considered a great agnihotri by his devotees.

Best regards
Shrinivas