vivaraNa on yoga sutra bhAShya

MSR miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Thu Nov 15 17:33:08 CST 2001

Well I forgot that I posted it to the list.  Even worse is the book
shop. I ordered this book a month back and have not received it yet. I
think that even if this work in not by shankara, it is still worth
studying. PYS is a very valuable tool in the path to realization and it
can interpreted (with some modifications to concepts such as infinite
purushha-s and prakR^iti-s) in an advaitic way. Even for other suutra-s
such as, "vitarka bhAdane pratipaxa bhAvanam" instead of using the
traditional approach to interpret what is pratipaxa, one can derive
that from adhyAsa bhAshya.

I hope this mail will reach advaita-l before the end of this year :-))

Ravi

--- "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar at BRAINCELLS.COM> wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Sep 2001, miinalochanii paashamochanii wrote:
>
> > I received the following mail sometime back.
>
> No we are not caught in a time warp :-)  Yahoo seems to have had a
> slight
> hiccup.
>
> --

=====
ambaaL daasan

Ravi

sharaNAgata raxakI nivEyani sadA ninnu nammiti mInAxI

http://www.ambaa.org/  http://www.advaita-vedanta.org