New member introduction: Shrinivas Gadkari

Sankaran Aniruddhan ani at EE.WASHINGTON.EDU
Wed Oct 3 10:42:42 CDT 2001

namaste,

>If we can find a framework wherein vedic teachings can
>co exist with modern science, it will only enhance our
>understanding of the Truth.

Actually, we don't need to do this at all. If we are looking to understand
the "Truth", namely, Atman/Brahman, then we can do so only through the
Vedas, and science is useless in this regard, especially since the basic
inputs for science are sensory data, and Brahman is super-sensory. On the
other hand, for empirical truths, vedas MAY not be of much use, but
science can be useful. We don't have to look for corroboration from each
for the other.

Sruti smRti purANAnAm Alayam karuNAlayam
namAmi bhagavatpAdaM Sam.karam lokaSam.karam

Aniruddhan