New member introduction: Shrinivas Gadkari

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 4 17:41:56 CDT 2001

>One thing that modern Advaitins can think about is, ancient Indian
>philosophy, almost without exception had no clue about the existence of a
>brain - as a physical organ which can think. This lack of knowledge has in
>itself given rise to philosophical systems - Kshanikavaada and
Vijnaanavaada
>of the Buddhist systems - which assumed that mind meant only a constant
>stream of temporary thoughts - and they built their systems based on this
>concpetion.

Namsate Nanada Chandran,

The point that I am trying to drive home is:
Physical plane is a manifestation of Mental plane. Thus in this
context, it amounts to something like: Mind is not contained in
the brain, it is Brain that is a physical manifestation of a
portion of mind. Thus in some sense it is Brain that is contained
in the mind.

Best regards
Shrinivas