Nature of Reality

Chandrashekaran Venkataraman VCHANDRA at AMBERNETWORKS.COM
Thu Oct 4 21:20:30 CDT 2001

Dear Shrinivas,

> You wrote:
>The point that I am trying to drive home is:
>Physical plane is a manifestation of Mental plane. Thus in this
>context, it amounts to something like: Mind is not contained in
>the brain, it is Brain that is a physical manifestation of a
>portion of mind. Thus in some sense it is Brain that is contained
>in the mind.

   If you mean the "mind" and not consciousness in your above
statement I have a problem.
   I feel, even if the mind doesn't think about brain, the brain has an
independent existence. Because it's only we humans who think that there is
something called brain. What about the other creatures which lack
sophistries
that we all possess. Just because these creatures don't think about their
brain,
can we say their brain doesn't exist? May be from their perspective their
brain
doesn't exist.. But it's only due to their ignorance and not knowledge. So
saying
that brain exists in mind can't extend to encompass all cases. We could say
consciousness here but not mind, I think.

   Regards,
   -chandrasekaran.