New member introduction: Shridhar Dixit

Wed Sep 26 11:24:59 CDT 2001

I was born to Sri Venkatraman Dixit, of Kashyapa gotra. I belong to a
Havyaka Brahmin family . Havyak Brahmins live in western ghats of
Karnataka and are traditionally farmers (not tillers) They belong to
smaarta sampradaya of Shankara philosophy. They have their own maths: one
is Ramachandrapura (near Shringeri) and another is Swarnavalli (near
Sirsi) I am employed in a media organisation. I want to persue Advaita
Vedanta as enumerated by Shankara.

regards
Shridhar