The importance of sampradaya

ken knight hilken_98 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 25 09:36:18 CDT 2002

--- riccardonova <riccardonova at LIBERO.IT> wrote:
>--
>
> Sorry but I do not understand what "Smarta" means,
> is a specific group of
> people ? Are you a Smarta by birth ? Some time ,
> being an european makes it
> difficolt to follow the list discussions, does any
> body knows if a Vedanta
> dictionary is available, is it possible to buy it
> online

Namaste,

You could get a copy of 'A Concise Dictionary of
Indian Philosophy' by John Grimes.  Published by SUNY.

This is a good 'half-way House' between a glossary and
a full dictionary.

However the context and intention of any one speaker
can never be fully defined by a book,

Best wishes

ken Knight

http://games.yahoo.com/