Are GODs just symbolic ???

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 7 22:26:51 CDT 2002

Hari Om !!

--- "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar at BRAINCELLS.COM> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram wrote:
>
> > In the above referred article it is mentioned:
> >
> > ""Concerning this system we wish to remark that we
> do not intend to
> > controvert the doctrine that Narayana, who is
> higher than the avyakta
> > (pradhana or the prakriti of Samkhya in its
> unmanifest state) who is
> > the highest Self and the Self of all, reveals
> Himself by dividing Himself
> > in multiple ways;"
> >
> > ***********
> >
> > Would you/someone elaborate the statement,
> 'Narayana is higher than the
> > avyakta, and who is the highest Self'.
> >

> Yoga mostly follows Samkhya with one innovation --
> Ishvara as the 26th
> tattva.  Ishvara in their conception is a kind of
> super-purush.  Whereas
> in Samkhya the process of the evolution of prakrti
> is more or less
> automatic, in Yoga, Ishvara has the power to shape
> it according to His
> ends.  He still remains distinct from Prakrti
> itself.

Does it mean according to Yoga there are three
entities:
Prakriti, purusha, and Iswara ?

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 01:32:46 -0400
To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG>
From: Prasad Balasubramanian <besprasad at LYCOS.COM>
Subject: Re: upAdhi

>The red color of the flower is the lakshana of the flower,
>and when the crystal is near the crystal, (crystal
>along with the upadhi of red-flower) seems to have the
>lakshana of red color.

  From the (a b c)(d) example - redness seems to be the lakshaNa.
If (a b c) are red crystals and (d) is a blue crystal - the redness which is the lakshaNa separates it from blue crystal. But when both a
and b in this  case are  red crystals what is upAdhi here that separates a from b (with respect to crystals and their colors) ?

 Prasad